Job Function: software-data
You will be responsible for direction around security product evaluation, implementation and integration into the CI/CD Pipeline, maintain a monitoring solution that supports infrastructure and application logs, development of Quality Gates in the CI/CD Pipeline to prevent leakage of security defects and processes that produce artifacts that support security and compliance requirements.
DevOps Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on non-functional requirements (standards, resilience, stability, scalability, security etc.)
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Maintain databases, failovers and disaster recoveries
- Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents, operational run books, and build recipes for server configuration
- Prevent repetitive tasks by triaging issues and working with senior team members to automate
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to support and application development and ensure that we exceed our service levels
- Performs other job-related duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available servic
- Experience and understanding of security principles, policies, and procedures.
- Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Familiarity with agile software development in .NET/C#
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Linux shell scripting, Windows batch scripting and Perl)