Job Function: research-teaching-training
Social edtech startup: educating the poorest 600 million children
At EIDU, we want to educate the world’s poorest 600 million children by giving them the world’s best digital learning content at their fingertips. Most of them are not achieving minimum proficiency levels in reading and math today. We have created a learning app for young children that works in the lowest-income areas where it’s especially hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
Our solution enables children to learn by themselves, at their own pace, at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives. We’ve established EIDU in Kenyan and Nigerian schools with over 30,000 learners using the app and developed a training process that leads to over 90% of new teachers actively using the app every day after only one training session. For more information, visit our website eidu.com and watch the TEDx talk by our founder: eidu.com/founding-story/.
What you will be doing:
About the role
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of coaches
- Execute our validated trainings to onboard new schools
- Maintain an extremely high quality standard for all trainings
- Drive retention of schools trained
- Plan trainings, including scheduling, logistics, and routing
- Manage the implementation of A/B tests to improve training quality and efficiency
- You’ll design a variety of content, including presentation slides, learning aids, and practical exercises.
- You will proactively iterate on training delivery and continually improve your programs and delivery styles, using hard data on training success.
Who we are looking for
- You have professional experience in delivering training, ideally to teachers and directors
- You have at least 3 years of work experience as a trainer.
- You are comfortable operating in a lean, resource-constrained start-up environment and flexible to adapt your role and responsibilities as needed
- Passion for EDIUs mission overall and for EIDU’s customers in particular
- You have experience in leading a small and growing team.
- You have experience in a fast-growing (tech) start up.
- International exposure, gained throughout your education or career, is a plus
What we offer
- Being part of a social mission-driven yet business-minded start up, founded by highly successful serial tech entrepreneurs
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment with highly talented people who care
- Contributing directly to solving a pressing global inequality problem by improving what we do and how we do it on a daily basis
- Growing your responsibilities as we grow our scale
- Competitive compensation package